The Alumni Society encourages friendship between current and past Eddies students. The Society is your ready-made social- and career network. When you matriculate at St Edmund’s, you automatically join the Society. It continues to be your link with Eddies throughout your life.
The Society and your career
The Society can help establish connections with other Eddies people in your field or profession. If you need help in or want to give advice on careers, whether you’re a current or past student, contact the Society.
The Society & your social life
Your Alumni Society sponsors events for current student, and alumni throughout the year and across the world.
Events in the past have included themed quiz nights, careers events, receptions for upcoming graduates, concerts, dinners, the ‘British Affair’ afternoon tea for new students, and more.
Networking events, convivial gatherings and other activities can be subsidised by the Alumni Society. If you have an idea for one, contact the Society.
At Eddies you make friends for life. Just because you have graduated, does not mean you leave your College behind. You remain a member and join over 4,000 people across the world who call Eddies their Cambridge home: The Alumni Society makes sure you keep in touch with the College and each other.
The Alumni Society Committee
The Alumni Society Committee is currently composed of the following Members:
- President: Ms Catherine Arnold OBE, The Master
- Chair: Mr Edward Hagger (History of Art, 1993)
- Treasurer: Mr Sam Aworinde (Advanced Chemical Engineering, 2008)
- Secretary: Vacant
- Interim Secretary: William Edwards, Development Assistant
- Miss Irene Nicolaou (Advanced Computer Science, 2011)
- Ms Savina Geerinckx (Archaeology & Anthropology, 1995)
- Ms Nathalie Trott (Management Studies, 2001)
- Ms Vicci Lau (Law, 1998)
- Mr Elias Mead (Management Studies, 2017)
- Mr Christopher Schaefer, CR President
- Mrs Kate Glennie, Development Director
- Mrs Katharine Cantell, Development Manager
All the current Alumni members of the Committee have completed a 4-year term. Owing to the impact of COVID-19 they have been allowed to continue for a further year pending co-option at the next AGM in 2023.
Any member of the Society may stand for election or be co-opted.
Constitution of the Alumni Society
You can view and download a copy of the current Alumni Society Constitution (updated 2017) below.